BEFORE YOU READ THE ABSTRACT OR CHAPTER ONE OF THE PROJECT TOPIC BELOW, PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW.THANK YOU!
YOU CAN GET THE COMPLETE PROJECT OF THE TOPIC BELOW. THE FULL PROJECT COSTS N5,000 ONLY. THE FULL INFORMATION ON HOW TO PAY AND GET THE COMPLETE PROJECT IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE. OR YOU CAN CALL: 08068231953, 08168759420
WHATSAPP US ON 08137701720
EVALUATION OF PROBLEMS FACING NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE SCHEME IN NIGERIA
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The national health insurance scheme (NHIS) is a social health insurance programme designed by the federal government of Nigeria to complement or to improve services of financial health sector, and to improve access of health care for the majority of Nigeria. The evolution of the National Health Insurance scheme decade back to 1962, when the need for health insurance in the provision of health care to Nigeria citizen was first recognized.HEALTH INSURANCE
Furthermore, the introduction of the structural adjustment programme in 1986 adversely affected health allocation and other factors that led to the introduction of the national health insurance scheme. This general poor stated of the nations health care services is giving the government a lot of concern.HEALTH INSURANCE
The concept of social health insurance was first mooted in 1962 by Heuvi committee, which passed the proposal through the Lagos health bill. Unfortunately it was truncated in 1985, Dr. Emmanuel Usman, the minister of health set up a committee on national health review led by Mr. L. Ligailu.HEALTH INSURANCE
At its 42nd meeting, the national council on health (NCH) approved the NIS to ensure full private sector participation. This model ensured the introduction of health maintenance organization (HMO) and financial managers of the scheme. On October 15th the national health insurance scheme was finally launched.HEALTH INSURANCE
The executive law decree 35 of 1999 (Now Act 35 of 1999) was signed in many 1999. National council on health special meeting on NIHS held in Port Harcourt in July 2011, recommended the need for the scheme to take off. Hereafter an implementation policies committee was set of which met in September 2011 and recommended the immediate take off of the scheme.HEALTH INSURANCE
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
- Health insurance is new in Nigeria; the target of its introduction is to achieve good health to all citizens in Nigeria. Most of Nigeria are unemployed, resident in the rural areas without hospital, water and infrastructure and inadequate personnel.
- The researcher wants to know the strategies to be used in marketing health insurance in the situation of poor infrastructural development, unemployment and how level of income or capital and to indemnify what will be the inability factor in marketing health insurance business in Nigeria.
- To make suggestions to the marketers on the best way to market health insurance policies with the rural support.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
In this research, the researcher wants to know how possible it will be for effective marketing of health insurance policies as new product in Nigeria.HEALTH INSURANCE
- To identify different types of product marketed by the health insurance services in Nigeria.
- To identify various methods to be used in marketing health insurance service in Nigeria.
- To know the problems facing marking of health insurance product in a situation of poor infrastructure development poverty and low income.
- To identify all the environment and infrastructure problems facing marketing of health insurance programme in Nigeria mostly in the rural areas.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The researcher formulated the following questions to help identify the various ways to be used in marketing health service scheme in Nigeria, mostly to the people of the rural area.
- Do you know various products that are offered to the teeming public?
- Do you think that Nigerians are ready to accept the introduction of the health insurance scheme?
- Do you thin that health insurance scheme will improve the health situation in Nigeria?
- What are the problems facing health insurance scheme today in Nigeria?
- What are the aims of federal government in introducing the programme?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This work will be important to the following:-
The Student: To the students it will be the basis for the area of risk and in insurances and risk management. It enables them to know the basis for further research.
The Stakeholders: It will help them to develop new strategies in product development to match the needs of the teeming population.
The Insurance Company Financial Institution: To the industry (insurance company) they will know the problem facing marketing insurance problems.
The Country: It helps people to pay for their health service (Zupan, 2003).
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATION FOR THE STUDY SCOPE
In this study, it was meant to cover the whole Nigeria but was narrowed to Enugu state. A generalization will be made to what happens in other stake and Nigeria at large.HEALTH INSURANCE
Aims was the great enemy to the researcher attending lectures, doing assignment, preparing for semester exam and also writing project was nor easy. The money to photocopy and download information from internet; run form one insurance company to other for information was also a problem due to lack of materials. We do not have enough material in this marketing of health insurance product. Response from the respondents posed another problem.HEALTH INSURANCE
1.7 DEFINITION OF OPERATIONAL TERMS
- Duties of Marketer: The fundamental duty of a marketer is to advertise their product or goods to the public to credit public awareness.
- Health: This is the optimal functioning of the individual, absence of disease, illness, impairment or injury, while health insurance is the type of insurance offering protection against the risk of financial loss resulting from the health issues.
- Pro (Preferred Provider Organization): This is a type of health benefit programme under which services from out of network providers are reimbursed less favourable services from network providers.
- HMO (Health Maintenance Organization): This is collective agreement between a group of medical providers and subscribers.
- Insurance: This is an undertaking by a company society or the state to provide and safeguard against loss, against sickness, death, etc. in return for regular payment called premium.
- Market: This is a theory and practice of large scale selling.
- Strategies: This is the art of planning or operating an activity or endeavour, the skill in managing any affair.
- Stratum: This is a social class or division.
- Products: These are goods and services that marketers offer to the satisfaction of human need.
- Segment Tie: This is a situation whereby marketers are to advertise their product or goods to the public to create public awareness.
HOW TO RECEIVE PROJECT MATERIAL(S)
After paying the appropriate amount (#5,000) into our bank Account below, send the following information to
08068231953 or 08168759420
(1) Your project topics
(2) Email Address
(3) Payment Name
(4) Teller Number
We will send your material(s) after we receive bank alert
Account Name: AMUTAH DANIEL CHUKWUDI
Account Number: 0046579864
Account Name: AMUTAH DANIEL CHUKWUDI
Account Number: 3139283609
Bank: FIRST BANK
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL:
08068231953 or 08168759420